2022 Konpira Maru Square Root of Five Sangiovese
$24.99

2022 Konpira Maru Square Root of Five Sangiovese

  • Producer
    • Konpira Maru
  • Region
    • King Valley VIC
  • Style
    • Light Red
  • Variety
    • Sangiovese
  • Vintage
    • 2022
1

The 2022 edition is 60% Sangiovese from the Aradale Vineyard. Grampian Wine Region, grown by Andrew Davey. It spent 18 days on skins and pressed off to stainless steel just before the end of ferment. The other 40% is from King River Wines in Edi Upper, King Valley. A spectacular vineyard nestled between the King River and a stunning bluff. This portion spent just 3 days on skins before being pressed off and fermenting nice and cool. They were blended post-ferment for our drinking please. This is designed to drink cold, the umami of the Sangiovese retaining its punch at low T and the grippy tannins making for a dry chewy finish.

Rhubarb, acacia and Tasmanian pepperberry on the nose with a punchy palate of sponge cake, plum and red miso.