This week Peter and Tony crack open a bottle of Bleasdale Sparkling Shiraz. TK recommends pairing it with Baked Ham with Bourbon & Orange Glaze.
Baked Ham with Bourbon & Orange Glaze
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min | Servings: Serves 10 with leftovers
3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) orange juice
1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup (60ml) bourbon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp rosemary sprigs
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2.5kg Coles Leg Portion Ham
Select all ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the sugar
2. Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, rum or bourbon, mustard, rosemary, allspice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until the mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, place ham on a clean work surface. Use a small sharp knife to cut through the rind 8cm from the shank. Run a thumb under the rind to separate from the fat. Peel back, sliding your fingers under the rind to remove.
4. Use a small sharp knife to score the fat, horizontally, at 5mm intervals (don’t score the fat too deeply as it can slide off during cooking).
5. Place the ham on a wire rack in a roasting pan. Brush the ham with one-quarter of the pineapple juice mixture. Wrap the shank in foil. Bake, basting with remaining pineapple juice mixture every 15 mins, for 1 hour or until ham caramelises and is golden brown. Set aside for 15 mins to cool slightly.
Transfer the ham to a large serving platter. Cut into slices to serve.
You might also like
Seabourne Sunset Bitter and Baked Cheesecake
This week Peter and Tony crack open a bottle of Seabourne Sunset Bitter and enjoy an aperitif with soda and dehydrated orange. TK recommends pair...
Coates The Shiraz Cabernet and Beef Cheeks
This week Peter and Tony crack open a bottle of 2016 Coates The Shiraz Cabernet. TK recommends pairing it with Slow Cooked Beef Cheeks. Slow Coo...
Polka Lilly Pilly Cuvee and Salmon Bagel with Poached Eggs
This week Peter and Tony crack open a bottle of 2021 Polka Lilly Pilly Cuvee. TK recommends pairing it with a brunch favourite, Smoked Salmon Bage...